About the Photo Exhibit
The photo exhibit highlights His Holiness Pope Francis’ historic visit to Israel in 2014. The images were captured by an official photographer of the Israeli government who had virtually unrestricted access to the time Pope Francis spent with former President of Israel Shimon Peres; Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu; and Greek Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew of Constantinople, as well as leaders of the Muslim and Jewish faiths. The encounters occur among some of the holiest Jewish and Christian sites.
Highlights of the Exhibit
• Pope Francis exchanging warm greetings with former Israel Pres. Shimon Peres
• Pope Francis is also photographed praying alone and with Patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew I in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where they kneeled together before the Stone of the Anointing.
• Pope Francis is pictured on the Temple Mount and praying at the Western Wall.
• At the Western Wall, he is affectionately and simultaneously greeted by Rabbi Skorka and Imam Dr. Aboud.
• Prime Minister Netanyahu was with Pope Francis when he laid a wreath on the grave of Zionist Visionary Binyamin Ze’ev Herzl and visited a Memorial to Victims of Terrorism on Mt. Herzl.
The exhibit will be open to the public through the month of May.
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Family Center, 6800 Buffalo Speedway, Houston, TX 77025